The roof of Gordes
- Low season
Price per week : 1505 €
- High season
Prix par semaine : 1925 €
- Low season
- persons number 8
- rooms number 4
- bathrooms number Nombre de salle de bain2
- Pool Non
- Other amenities En plein coeur du village de Gordes
This old town house is located in the midle of the historic village of Gordes, close to the church. Its two rooftop terraces offer a magnificent view on the plain, the mountain of the Petit Luberon and Alpilles. You will enjoy the central location of this village house, close to shops, cafes, restaurants, Château de Gordes...
The village of Gordes, is nestled in the heart of unspoilt nature and built on a rock. It is classified among the 157 most beautiful villages of France.
The house was initially built in the 1700s by a silkworm breeder. It has then been renovated with love in 1956 by the mother of the current owner and the Swiss painter Hans Berger. In 2001, the house has been entirely modernised with great care and taste in accordance with its provencal environment.
A wonderful ancient spiral stone staircase connects four floors: (Attention! The stairs might not be suitable for small children. Have a look on the photos).
- The ground floor with a spare bedroom for one person with washbasin, table tennis room, toilets, laundry room with sink, washing machine, dryer, ironing board.
- The upper ground floor with the large and well equipped kitchen, a dining room and living room with open fireplace, a bedroom equipped with a double bed, en-suite bathroom and toilet.
- 1er floor with the master bed room equipped with a double bed and a wardrobe room / office. There is also a second double bedroom. These two bedrooms share the large bathroom with two washbasins, bathtub, bidet and toilet. The third bedroom with double bed is equipped with a washbasin and a bidet.
- The 2nd floor with its large living room equipped with a large sliding glass doors giving access to the beautiful roof terrace with a shaded summer kitchen. Southeast terrace and small room in the tower.
The rental rate varies, from 1200 to € 1800 per week depending on the season.
It includes bed linen, bath towels, pool towels, change of linen every week in case of more than one week rental.
The final cleaning is also included but we ask you to dump the rubbish and leave the house in an acceptable state of cleanliness.
Cot and baby chair are available on request.
The lawn is mowed every week, at the same time that the cleaning of the pool.
Come to discover the Provence and picturesque villages of the Luberon: Isle sur la Sorgue, Fontaine de Vaucluse, Gordes (one of the most beautiful villages of France), the Borie village (dry stone huts), the Sénanque abbey, Ménerbes, Bonnieux, Lacoste.
Activities: Provençal market, flea market, wineries, oil mills, music festivals, dance.
And also: hiking, biking (Mont Ventoux 1911 m is not far…), bike road from Cavaillon to Apt and beyond towards Forcalquier, descent on Sorgue river with canoe or kayak, horseback riding, tree climbing, Via Ferrata, wine tasting, oil mills...